Breakfast for lunch is always a hit with kiddos. This fruity “wafflewich” is stuffed with pineapple and SunGold kiwi for a fun tropical spin on a sandwich (even non-sandwich eaters will love this one!).
Nutrition Tip: An excellent source of vitamin C, pineapple got its name from the Spanish word for “pinecone” thanks to its prickly skin. One cup of pineapple packs as much vitamin C as a medium orange!
Tip: cut the pineapple and SunGold kiwi into thin slices and don’t layer on too much cream cheese to keep this sandwich from getting too messy.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 2 multigrain waffles
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 slice pineapple
- 1/2 small Zespri™ SunGold™ Kiwifruit, thinly sliced
- 1/2 mandarin, peeled, segmented
- 1/2 hard-boiled egg
- 1 package Crispy Green® crispy fruit
- Toast waffles. Spread with cream cheese and layer with pineapple and SunGold kiwi. Cut into 4 sections and place in lunchbox.
- Pack lunchbox with mandarin segments and egg. Serve with crispy fruit.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Total Fat: 13gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 491mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 5gSugar: 18gProtein: 8g