Strawberries are used in a unique way to add sweetness to this easy pasta lunch dish. Combined with the saltiness of feta, this pasta strikes the perfect balance.
Need a tasty side dish for barbecues and family get-togethers, or even to make a dinner extra flavorful? You’ve got to try my Bow Ties & Veggies pasta dish!
This delightful pasta dish recipe combines the unexpected sweetness of strawberries with the savory goodness of feta cheese. In this easy-to-make lunch dish, the flavors come together harmoniously, offering a perfect balance of tastes. But there’s more to this recipe than just great flavor! With the addition of nutrient-rich broccoli, cauliflower, and bell peppers, this dish also packs a powerful nutritional punch. So, get ready to tantalize your taste buds while nourishing your body with this delectable and wholesome recipe.
A Look Inside the Bowl – The Nutritional Benefits of our Bow Ties & Veggies Pasta Dish
The Bow Ties & Veggies recipe not only delights your taste buds but also provides numerous nutritional benefits through its diverse range of ingredients. Let’s explore the nutritional highlights of each component:
- Olive oil: The recipe starts with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, which adds a healthy source of monounsaturated fats. These fats are known to support heart health and provide essential fatty acids.
- Sweet onion: The sliced sweet onion not only adds flavor but also provides important antioxidants and nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin B6, and dietary fiber.
- Broccoli: This cruciferous vegetable is a nutritional powerhouse. The chopped broccoli florets in the recipe contain significant amounts of vitamins C, K, and folate. Broccoli is also rich in fiber and antioxidants, which contribute to overall health and well-being.
- Cauliflower: Another cruciferous vegetable, chopped cauliflower adds a mild and satisfying taste to the dish. It is a great source of vitamins C and K, as well as folate and dietary fiber.
- Bell pepper: The colorful addition of chopped bell peppers brings a burst of flavor and nutrition to the recipe. Bell peppers are loaded with vitamin C, vitamin A, and various antioxidants, making them beneficial for immune function and overall health.
- Bow tie pasta: The pasta serves as the base for the dish. While it provides carbohydrates for energy, it’s important to consume pasta in moderation. Opting for whole grain or whole wheat bow tie pasta can increase the fiber content and provide additional nutrients like B vitamins and minerals.
- Grape tomatoes: These vibrant chopped tomatoes add a burst of freshness and color to the recipe. Tomatoes are known for their lycopene content, a powerful antioxidant associated with various health benefits, including heart health.
- Feta cheese: The crumbled feta cheese adds a salty and tangy element to the dish. While it should be consumed in moderation due to its high sodium content, feta cheese offers calcium, protein, and vitamins like B12.
- Strawberries: The sliced strawberries provide a unique and delightful sweetness to the pasta. These bright berries are rich in vitamin C, dietary fiber, and antioxidants, contributing to overall well-being.
By incorporating these ingredients into the Bow Ties & Veggies recipe, you not only create a delicious meal but also enjoy a variety of essential nutrients, antioxidants, and fiber that support a balanced and nutritious diet.
Want to change up the ingredients of this dish? Find out what’s in season and how to pick and store your favorite fruits and veggies.
Prepare the Bow Ties & Veggies Ahead of Time
Preparing this pasta dish ahead of time is a smart and convenient choice for several reasons. First, it allows the flavors to meld together, resulting in a more harmonious and well-rounded taste. As the ingredients marinate in the dressing, the sweetness of the strawberries, the saltiness of the feta cheese, and the vibrant freshness of the vegetables become more pronounced, creating a truly satisfying culinary experience. Additionally, making this dish in advance saves you time and stress when you’re busy or hosting a gathering. You can simply refrigerate it and let the flavors develop while you focus on other tasks. Lastly, this pasta dish is an excellent option for meal prepping, ensuring that you have a healthy and delicious meal readily available throughout the week. Bottom line – embrace the benefits of planning ahead and enjoy the convenience and enhanced flavors that come with making this delightful pasta dish in advance.
Let’s make this Bow Ties & Veggies pasta dish, shall we?
Bow Ties & Veggies
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 cups bow tie pasta prepared according to package directions
- 1/2 cup chopped grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add onions, broccoli/cauliflower and peppers, and cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Reduce heat to low; add cooked pasta and tomatoes, and heat 1 minute or until warm.
- Top with cheese and strawberries.