Tex-Mex is at its finest (and easiest!) with this tasty tostada recipe. For a fun twist, cut the tortillas into triangles before toasting to make tortilla chips, and serve the cheese-tada toppings as a cold dip.
Nutrition Tip: Adequate amounts of fiber supports healthy digestion and can aid in keeping one regular. Luckily, just one cup of pinto beans provides about 50 percent of the recommended daily fiber intake!
Bean & Cheese Tostada
- 2 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup pinto beans drained, mashed
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toast tortillas 3-4 minutes or to desired crispiness.
- Microwave beans on HIGH 1 minute.
- Spread beans on tortillas. Top with cheese, Romaine, tomatoes and salsa.