Looking for a quick, easy and delicious weeknight dinner? This Asian Noodle Soup is packed with both flavor and healthy veggies, and is perfect for when evenings are busy with homework and after-school activities!
Nutrition Tip: Broccoli is a nutrient powerhouse, having anti-inflammatory and even cancer-preventing properties.
Asian Noodle Soup
- 1 14.5 oz. can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons sesame ginger salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 head broccoli broken into florets
- 12 mushrooms sliced
- 1 pound beef steak trimmed, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti or angel hair pasta cooked according to package directions
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh herbs like cilantro, basil and/or parsley
- 1/2 small sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber cut into strips
- 1 jalapeño seeded, sliced
- 1 orange cut into wedges
- Combine broth, dressing and soy sauce in saucepan over high heat; heat to boil. Reduce to low; add broccoli and mushrooms. Cover and simmer 3-5 minutes, or until broccoli is tender. Add steak and cook 1-2 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Divide cooked pasta among 4 soup bowls. Ladle broth, broccoli, mushrooms and steak over noodles. Top with herbs, bell pepper, onion, cucumber and jalapeno. Squeeze orange wedges.