Whether you’re looking for a healthier dessert, a snack to fuel kids after school or before soccer practice, or a tasty grab-and-go breakfast option, these apple pie snack bars will be a hit with kids! These nut-free bars take just like apple pie and are safe to pack in lunchboxes or pass out to your little league team after a game.
Nutrition Tip: Apples are a top food source of the mineral boron, which studies show positively impacts bone health.
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup peeled, finely diced Yes! Apples Gala apple, about the size of mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place oats in blender or food processor and pulse for 10 seconds.
- Combine oats, coconut, yogurt, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and apples in large bowl until thoroughly mixed. Add to prepared baking dish and spread evenly, pressing mixture down to flatten.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until golden brown and center is firm. Let cool completely before cutting and removing from baking dish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2.5gSugar: 8.5gProtein: 3g