This fruit-packed dessert is perfect for holiday gatherings or special family meals.
Nutrition Tip: The phytochemicals in apples provide as much antioxidant health-protecting power as a large dose of Vitamin C.
- 3 Bartlett pears, peeled, sliced
- 2 apples, peeled, sliced
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup caramel dip
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease 8x8-inch baking pan. Cover bottom with pears and apples.
- Blend oats, sugar, flour, butter and allspice with electric mixer until it binds and is coarse. Crumble mixture over pear and apple slices. Sprinkle with orange juice.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown and fruit is soft. Drizzle with caramel dip.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 417Total Fat: 12.5gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 86gFiber: 8gProtein: 6.5g