This fruit crumble has a fun twist, it’s made spiralized apples and pears plus cherries and mixed berries for a sweet treat! Topped with a simple crumb topping and baked to a delicious golden brown, it’s the perfect dessert any time of year. Top with a little Greek yogurt or frozen yogurt for added calcium!
Recipe and photography courtesy of Jodi of Create Kids Club.
Nutrition Tip: Frozen fruit is just as nutritious as fresh–in fact, it’s frozen quickly after processing, which locks in more nutrients. Look for plain frozen fruit, without any added sweeteners.
Spiralized Fruit Crumble
- 2 apples peeled
- 2 pears peeled
- 1/2 cup pitted cherries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon or lime juice
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour, divided
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into slices
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spiralize apples and pear using a spiralizer. If you don’t have a spiralizer, dice apples and pears.
- Toss apples, pears, cherries, berries and lemon juice in large bowl. Stir in 2 Tbsp. flour.
- In separate bowl, combine ¾ cup flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter using a pastry blender, two butter knives or hands. Blend until mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Scoop fruit into 8 individual ramekins or a 9×9-inch baking dish. Top with crumble mixture.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, or until the crumble is browned and the fruit is bubbling.