In this episode of Healthy Family Project, we talk with our good friend, Jackie Vega, RD, about small ways parents and caregivers can take better care of themselves. Jackie shares realistic and manageable tips to ensure you’re staying hydrated, getting quality rest, and making time for yourself.
Jackie is a registered dietitian, ACE-certified personal trainer, wife, and mom of two. She is the founder of the Wellness Solution where she offers guidance to her clients on all things health and fitness.
Jackie recently launched the Busy Moms Kitchen podcast where she invites you into her kitchen to listen in on conversations about life as busy moms, reaching health and fitness goals and other things that only you and your girlfriends will understand.
Healthy Recipes & Tips in Your Inbox
Sign up for the Healthy Family Project e-newsletter to receive healthy recipe inspiration, our latest blog posts and more directly to your inbox each week.
Healthy Family Project Facebook Group
Join our Healthy Family Project Facebook group! This group will serve as a safe space for parents and caregivers to talk all about raising a healthy family – from dealing with a picky eater and tips to get more fruits and veggies onto plates to exercising as a family and mental health. We welcome all of you to join in!
Want to skip straight to a hot topic? See time stamps below. But of course, we recommend listening all the way through!
- 5:13 Welcome back, Jackie!
- 9:52 The first step to any self-care routine
- 13:52 The importance of rest & tips for getting quality rest
- 22:04 How to make hydration a priority
- 24:51 Mental health tips
- Listen to Jackie’s Podcast – The Busy Mom’s Kitchen
- Follow Jackie on Instagram & Facebook
- Keeping the Peace When You’re Stuck at Home
- Helping Teenagers Cope with COVID-19
- 5 Simple Ways to be Kind to Yourself
- In the Unlikely Event by Judy Blume
Other Podcast Episodes to Check Out:
- Episode 49: Coping with Stress & Anxiety during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Episode 48: Self-Care for Busy Families
- Episode 41: Developing a Positive Relationship with Food
- Episode 6: Mindful Eating for Your Family
Healthy Family Project Podcast
Conversations covering hot topics in the world of health, food and family with a dose of fun. Helping families ease their way into a new fresh and healthy world.
Be on the lookout for new bi-weekly episodes and don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or your favorite podcasting site. If you like an episode, make sure to leave a rating and comment.
If you are interested in being a guest on the Healthy Family Project podcast, contact email@example.com with your topic idea for consideration.