In this episode of Healthy Family Project, we talk to Jackie Vega of the Wellness Solution about what is means to have a positive relationship with food, how to develop that relationship and how to pass that wisdom onto your kids.
Jackie shares ways to evaluate new food trends and fads and how to tackle a weight loss journey in a sustainable way.
Jackie is a registered dietitian, ACE certified personal trainer, wife, and mom of two. She is the founder of the Wellness Solution where she offers guidance to her clients on all things health and fitness.
Jackie recently launched the Busy Moms Kitchen podcast where she invites you into her kitchen to listen in on conversations about life as busy moms, reaching health and fitness goals and other things that only you and your girlfriends will understand.
Thank you so much for supporting the Healthy Family Project Podcast! We’d love if you could take 5 minutes to let us know how we can bring you the best possible content future episodes. Take the survey here.
Healthy Recipes & Tips in Your Inbox
Sign up for the Healthy Family Project e-newsletter to receive healthy recipe inspiration, our latest blog posts and more directly to your inbox each week.
Healthy Family Project Facebook Group
Join our Healthy Family Project Facebook group! This group will serve as a safe space for parents and caregivers to talk all about raising a healthy family – from dealing with a picky eater and tips to get more fruits and veggies onto plates to exercising as a family and mental health. We welcome all of you to join in!
Want to skip straight to a hot topic? See time stamps below. But of course, we recommend listening all the way through!
- 3:24 Jackie’s New Podcast
- 7:39 What does a healthy relationship with food look like?
- 9:15 Teaching kids to have a positive relationship with food
- 12:07 Dealing with the influx of food trends and fads
- 15:10 Starting a weight loss journey in a sustainable way
- 20:08 What does a healthy family mean to you?
- The Wellness Solution
- Follow Jackie on Instagram
- Follow The Wellness Solution on Instagram
- Check out Jackie’s Podcast, The Busy Moms Kitchen
Other Podcast Episodes to Check Out:
- Episode 35: Helping Kids Make Good Choices
- Episode 31: Balancing Career & Family
- Episode 24: Making Exercise a Family Affair
- Episode 19: Promoting Positive Body Image with Kids
Healthy Family Project Podcast
Conversations covering hot topics in the world of health, food and family with a dose of fun. Helping families ease their way into a new fresh and healthy world.
Be on the lookout for new bi-weekly episodes and don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or your favorite podcasting site. If you like an episode, make sure to leave a rating and comment.
If you are interested in being a guest on the Healthy Family Project podcast, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your topic idea for consideration.