In this episode of Healthy Family Project, we talk to Kiran Dodeja Smith of Easy Real Food about managing life at home during quarantine. With the world on lockdown, we’re spending more time at home than ever and that comes with its own set of challenges.
Kiran shares ways to create a schedule, split up house duties, and find creative ways to spend time together as a family.
Kiran is the mom to four kids under the age of 13, an influencer marketing manager and holistic health coach. Her site, EasyRealFood.com focuses in on real ingredients and helps families ensure they are eating whole nutritious meals.
With a busy household herself, she wants to help others not feel the stress that so many often do when it comes to meal planning and eating healthfully.
Thank you so much for supporting the Healthy Family Project Podcast! We’d love if you could take 5 minutes to let us know how we can bring you the best possible content future episodes. Take the survey here.
Healthy Recipes & Tips in Your Inbox
Sign up for the Healthy Family Project e-newsletter to receive healthy recipe inspiration, our latest blog posts and more directly to your inbox each week.
Healthy Family Project Facebook Group
Join our Healthy Family Project Facebook group! This group will serve as a safe space for parents and caregivers to talk all about raising a healthy family – from dealing with a picky eater and tips to get more fruits and veggies onto plates to exercising as a family and mental health. We welcome all of you to join in!
Want to skip straight to a hot topic? See time stamps below. But of course, we recommend listening all the way through!
- 4:22 Tips for setting a schedule & setting a routine
- 14:08 How to set boundaries & encourage independence
- 21:24 How to split up cooking duties & get kids involved
- 30:12 Tips for setting up a house responsibility system
- 39:12 Creative activities to enjoy at home during quarantine
- Follow Kiran on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest
- Managing Anxiety & Worry Around COVID-19
- Helping Teenagers Cope with COVID-19
- Keeping the Peace When You’re Stuck at Home
- 35 Healthy Pantry Staple Recipes
- Resources to Survive Quarantine with Your Family
- Kid-Friendly Kitchen Tasks for Every Age
- 12 Fun Indoor Activities for Kids
Other Podcast Episodes to Check Out:
- Episode 49: Coping with Stress & Anxiety during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Episode 48: Self-Care for Busy Families
- Episode 45: Conquering Family Mealtime Struggles
- Episode 30: Getting Kids in the Kitchen This Summer
Healthy Family Project Podcast
Conversations covering hot topics in the world of health, food and family with a dose of fun. Helping families ease their way into a new fresh and healthy world.
Be on the lookout for new bi-weekly episodes and don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or your favorite podcasting site. If you like an episode, make sure to leave a rating and comment.
If you are interested in being a guest on the Healthy Family Project podcast, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your topic idea for consideration.