In this episode of the Healthy Family Project, we talk to Liz Weiss, cookbook author, blogger, dietitian, and host of the Liz’s Healthy Table podcast. Liz shares solutions for common mealtime struggles including strategies for picky eaters, meal planning hacks, food waste tips, and more.
Liz has two grown boys, teaches cooking classes to kids, and has a lot of experience helping parents get healthy and happy meals onto the family table.
As an registered dietitian, Liz has been passionate about healthy food and family nutrition for over 20 years and has made helping families discover the joy of wholesome and delicious food her mission.
Her podcast covers everything from fermented foods and why your family should eat them to the benefits of eating more beans. With new episodes published every two weeks featuring expert guests, Liz’s podcast is a great resource for families looking to eat healthier.
Healthy Bite Featuring Autumn Glory Apples
Today, we’re snacking on Autumn Glory apples! This unique apple variety has a very sweet, firm flesh with hints of cinnamon and subtle notes of caramel.
Our junior chefs, Charli and Mia, recently tested six delicious quesadilla combinations made with Autumn Glory apples. They’re so easy to make and perfect for an after-school snack or fun family dinner.
Thank you so much for supporting the Healthy Family Project Podcast! We’d love it if you could take 5 minutes to let us know how we can bring you the best possible content for future episodes. Take the survey here.
Healthy Recipes & Tips in Your Inbox
Sign up for the Healthy Family Project e-newsletter to receive healthy recipe inspiration, our latest blog posts and more directly to your inbox each week.
Healthy Family Project Facebook Group
Join our Healthy Family Project Facebook group! This group will serve as a safe space for parents and caregivers to talk all about raising a healthy family – from dealing with a picky eater and tips to get more fruits and veggies onto plates to exercising as a family and mental health. We welcome all of you to join in!
Want to skip straight to a hot topic? See time stamps below. But of course, we recommend listening all the way through!
- 2:11 Welcome, Liz!
- 5:20 How to Make Time for Family Dinner
- 10:50 Strategies for Getting Picky Eaters to Try New Foods
- 15:32 How to Involve Your Kids in Meal Planning & Prep
- 20:13 Healthy Bite Featuring Autumn Glory Apples
- 24:06 Reducing Food Waste & Being More Green in the Kitchen
- 37:31 What does a healthy family mean to you?
- Check out Liz’s monthly series to help you Reduce Your Kitchen Carbon Footprint
- Listen to Liz’s Healthy Table
- Follow Liz on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- 12 Essential Meal Prep Tools For Every Kitchen
- 7 Tips to Reduce Food Waste & Save Money
- 10 Beginner’s Tips to Meal Planning Like a Pro
- Color, Cook, Eat! – Downloadable Coloring Cookbook Series
- Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon
- How to Grill Cabbage
- Society of St. Andrew Gleaning Network
Other Podcast Episodes to Check Out:
- Episode 23: Make-Ahead Meal Ideas
- Episode 22: Meal Planning for Busy Families
- Episode 21: Meal Planning & Cooking with Kids
- Episode 18: How Families Can Reduce Food Waste
Healthy Family Project Podcast
Conversations covering hot topics in the world of health, food and family with a dose of fun. Helping families ease their way into a new fresh and healthy world.
Be on the lookout for new bi-weekly episodes and don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or your favorite podcasting site. If you like an episode, make sure to leave a rating and comment.
If you are interested in being a guest on the Healthy Family Project podcast, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your topic idea for consideration.