This post is sponsored by Avocados From Mexico. All opinions are our own.
We teamed up with our friends at Avocados from Mexico to talk all about avocados and how to incorporate them into your breakfast routine. Avocados are a powerhouse of nutrients and “good” fats that can easily be added to your favorite meals.
One-fifth of a medium avocado is 50 calories and contributes nearly 20 vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients, making it a good choice to help meet nutrient needs. Avocados can act as a “nutrient booster” by helping the body to better absorb fat-soluble nutrients from foods that are eaten with the fruit.
If you’re looking to add more nutrition to your shopping cart, don’t forget to enter below for a chance to win a $100 grocery gift card each week during August and September!
Let’s take a look at these 10 ways to add avocados to your breakfast:
- Avocado Toast – This simple breakfast is easy to prepare. Mash ½ of an avocado and spread on your favorite toast. Get creative by topping with other veggies, salsa or eggs! This Salsa Avocado Toast in ready in just a few minutes.
- Breakfast Burritos – Avocados and breakfast burritos go hand-in-hand! These Easy 6-Ingredient Breakfast Burritos take only 15 minutes to make or add some additional protein with these Black Bean and Avocado Breakfast Burritos.
- Smoothies – Add avocado to your morning smoothie for an extra creamy texture. Go green with this Super Green Smoothie or fruity with this Beet, Pineapple, Avocado & OJ Smoothie.
- Avocado Boats – Breakfast is so easy with these Baked Eggs in Avocados! Just cut the avocado in half, drop in an egg and bake!
- Breakfast Sandwiches – Pump up the nutrition in your go-to breakfast sandwich with a few simple ingredients. This Microwave Egg & Veggie Breakfast Sandwich will have you out the door in a snap, or stuff sliced of avocado in your breakfast pita pocket for easy portability.
- Omelets – Top off your favorite omelet, like this Mexican Omelet, with fresh avocado! Or go Caprese with a spin by adding tomatoes, mozzarella and avocado to your omelet.
- Breakfast Pizza – Give pizza a breakfast makeover with the Guacamole Breakfast Pizza! Mashed avocados or a homemade guacamole makes the perfect sauce base, then top with eggs and your favorite veggies.
- Muffins – Swap the butter and oil in your muffins for avocado! Try these Blueberry Avocado Muffins for a yummy breakfast treat. Or go the chocolate route with these Fudgy Chocolate Avocado Muffins.
- Breakfast Bowl – Whether you go with potatoes, rice or quinoa for the base of your breakfast bowl, we can all agree avocados are a must-have topping! Here’s a simple Rice Bowl with Fried Egg and Avocado to kick-start your day.
- Sauce it up! – Avocados are a perfect base for any sauce, great for topping a breakfast burrito, scramble or these Vegetable Fritters!