These oatmeal pancakes pack in plenty of whole grains, fruits and fiber to provide the family a healthy, sustaining breakfast.
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries and apricots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 1 1/2 cups cooked oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped nectarines
- 1 cup chopped plums
- 6 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Combine flours, oats, cranberries/apricots, baking powder and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg and milk in separate bowl; stir in oatmeal until just combined.
- Fold mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; spoon out batter to make desired sized pancakes and cook 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles form on the top. Flip pancakes and cook 2-3 minutes, or until browned. Place cooked pancakes on plate in oven while cooking remaining pancakes.
- Top with nectarines, plums and honey.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 499Total Fat: 16gCholesterol: 240mgSodium: 580mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 5gProtein: 21g