Turn a classic steak and potato dinner into a hearty and healthy salad! The potatoes can roast in the oven while the steaks cook on the stove for a delicious dinner that comes together in just 20 minutes. Plus, this salad can be customized with your favorite veggies – like grilled asparagus in the spring or roasted sweet potatoes in the fall.
- 1/2 pound The Little Potato Company Little Charmers yellow potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (4 oz.) sirloin steaks, fat trimmed
- 1 package organicgirl salad greens
- 1 Avocados From Mexico avocado, sliced
- 1 cup halved Red Sun Farms cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup small mozzarella balls
- 1/4 cup corn
- 4 tablespoons vinaigrette dressing
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss potatoes in 1 Tbsp. oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Lay single layer on baking sheet and bake 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large skillet of medium-high heat. Season steaks with salt and pepper and place in heated skillet. Cook 4-5 minutes per side, or until desired temperature is reached. Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Top salad with steak, potatoes, avocado, tomatoes, mozzarella, corn and dressing. Toss to mix.