Whether you’re celebrating Memorial Day, the 4th of July or just looking for an easy and tasty dish for a cookout, picnic or potluck, this potato salad is for you! We gave regular potato salad a patriotic spin by using red, white and blue (purple) potatoes and gave it a healthier spin by using Greek yogurt instead of mayo. Potatoes are also a good source of potassium, which is vital for bone and muscle health. In fact, one serving of this potato salad contains 19% of your daily value of potassium, which is more than one banana!
Nutrition Tip: Good news: Veggie-packed salsa counts as a serving of vegetables! This one is loaded with vitamin C. Don’t forget to keep your tomatoes on the counter (refrigerating them dulls the flavor).
- 1 1/2 pounds The Little Potato Company Terrific Trio potatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon (plus 1/4 tsp.) salt, divided
- 2 River Fresh Farms green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Add potatoes, 1 tsp. salt and enough cold water to cover to large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain and let cool.
- Mix green onions, celery, yogurt, mustard, dill, pepper and ¼ tsp. salt in large bowl. Mix well. Add potatoes and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 99Total Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g