This one-pot dinner is packed with protein, veggies and flavor.
One-Pot Sausage Veggie Cassoulet
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces turkey kielbasa sausages sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 large carrots thinly sliced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 15 oz. cans cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- Heat oil in large saucepot over medium-high heat; add sausage and cook 4-6 minutes, turning occasionally, or until brown on all sides. Transfer sausage to plate.
- Return saucepot to heat; add onion, mushrooms and carrots, and cook 8 minutes, stirring often, or until tender. Add broth, thyme, bay leaf, beans, tomatoes and sausage; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 8-10 minutes or until carrots are tender.