Quick, refrigerated pickles are easy to do with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. This recipe was created and developed by Kris & Matt James, sons of our VP Trish James during Take Your Child to Work Day. Let the jars sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours so the cucumbers can pickle. Add as little or as much garlic and red pepper flakes as you want depending on how spicy you like your pickles.
Kris and Matt’s Homemade Pickles
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons dill
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Combine vinegar, salt, dill and red pepper flakes in large pitcher. Stir until well combined.
- Add cucumbers, onion and garlic to 4 mason jars. Carefully pour vinegar evenly into each jar to cover cucumbers. Seal tightly and gently shake to combine ingredients.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.