Get kids to eat their veggies with this fun and tasty green eggs and ham recipe! This healthy breakfast sandwich is ready in under 10 minutes and perfect for celebrating Dr. Seuss’ birthday and St. Patrick’s Day.
The best part? You can sneak in some extra veggies because these eggs get their green color from spinach, not food coloring!
This green eggs and ham breakfast sandwich recipe is a great way to build memories together and try something new all while squeezing in a few extra veggies along the way.
To get those perfectly green eggs, we’re using a secret weapon – the blender. Add your eggs, spinach and a splash of water to the blender and let it do it’s thing.
The result? Seriously whipped green eggs ready for cooking. Pour into a preheated nonstick skillet and cook.
Assemble your green eggs and ham breakfast sandwiches on toasted English muffins (or your favorite bread) with a slice of cheese and a sliced of ham. Don’t forget to serve your fun breakfast sandwiches with some fresh fruit and a tall glass of OJ.
Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 whole wheat English muffins
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 slices lowfat Cheddar cheese
- 2 slices low-sodium ham
- Toast English muffins; set aside.
- Place eggs, spinach and 1 Tbsp. water in blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat medium skillet over medium heat; spray with cooking spray. Add egg mixture. When partially set, use spatula to cut in half and flip. Let cook 30 seconds, or until done. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Top one half of English muffin with cheese, ham, egg and other half of English muffin.