Shrimp scampi gets a makeover in this veggie-based recipe using less butter than the traditional dish. Packed with delicious and healthy vegetables, and prepared in under 30 minutes, this is the perfect weeknight dinner when you want to give your family something special!
Garden Shrimp Scampi
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 sweet onion sliced
- 2 cups broccoli cauliflower and carrot blend, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound peeled deveined shrimp
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or to taste
- 12 ounces whole wheat linguini cooked according to package directions
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium-high heat; add onions, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, and cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Increase heat to high; add garlic, shrimp and parsley, and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove from heat; add lemon juice and toss with pasta.