This dessert may seem completely indulgent, but it’s not. The warm cinnamon bananas are the perfect topping for frozen yogurt, or they can be enjoyed on top of pancakes, waffles or eaten alone. Simple, quick and sure to be a family favorite!
Nutrition Tip: Do you have a busy day ahead? Try a banana with some nut butter before heading out! Bananas are packed with potassium for muscle and nerve function. They’re also rich in carbohydrates for sustained energy.
Cinnamon Banana Bites with Frozen Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 bananas sliced ⅓-inch thick
- 2 cups lowfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice in bowl.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray, add bananas, sprinkle with ½ cinnamon sugar mixture and cook 2 minutes or until browned. Flip, coat other side and cook 2 minutes, or until browned.
- Serve over ½ cup frozen yogurt.