Bring your family together over this ultimate breakfast grazing board. Full of breakfast favorites like eggs, waffles, fruit and more, everyone can mix-and-match their perfect breakfast.
I’m back with another board, this time it’s all about breakfast! Whether it’s a Mother’s day brunch, lazy Saturday morning, or offering up some quick and easy weekday options before school, creating a board of your family’s favorite breakfast items can be so fun and easy.
Don’t worry – those weekday breakfast boards do not have to be this fancy!
How to create an ultimate breakfast board
There’s a lot going on with this board, but don’t be intimidated. It’s totally customizable to your favorite breakfast foods. Here’s how to get started:
Pick Your Breakfast Board Ingredients
Every good board has a mix of protein, fruits and veggies, carbs and fun stuff thrown in. Here are some of our favorites.
- Protein: Hard-boiled or scrambled eggs, sausage (or vegan sausage), bacon or ham.
- Fruit: We went with a combo of strawberries, blueberries, grapefruit and oranges, but any of your favorite fruit would be great on here.
- Carbs: To make this easy and fun for kids, we opted for frozen mini waffles and pancakes, plus threw in some mini banana muffins we had on hand. Toast, croissants, bagels and roasted potatoes are all good too.
Assemble Your Board
Once you know what you’ll want to include on your breakfast board, it’s time to assemble it! First, you’ll need a board. I love to find large cutting/serving boards to Home Goods, TJ Maxx or other stores – they always have great finds! You can also use a large serving platter or cookie sheet.
I always start by placing the bigger items on the board, then filling in the spaces between with smaller items like fruit, nuts, etc. And, of course, the magic of the sprinkle – a little cracked pepper on the eggs, some mini chocolate chips on the waffles, a sprinkle of granola here and there. Perfection!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can this breakfast board be made ahead of time?
I wouldn’t suggest assembling this board and then sticking it in your fridge until the next day, but there are some steps you can do ahead of time:
- Pre-boil and peel the eggs
- Wash and chop fruit
- If making homemade waffles or pancakes, make ahead and refrigerate. Then pop into the toaster or oven when assembling to reheat.
Then, when you’re ready to eat, you can warm up the items that need it and assemble everything quickly and easily for a family breakfast or brunch.
What are some other breakfast “themes” to create your board around?
When it comes to breakfast, there are so many options! This grazing board offers up a great selection of American breakfast classics like eggs, waffles and sausage links. Looking for a different theme? Check out these ideas.
- Bagel Brunch Board
- Top-Your-Own Toast Board
- Waffle Brunch Board
- French Toast Breakfast Board
- Build Your Own Breakfast Tacos Board
- Oatmeal Lovers Breakfast Board
Ultimate Breakfast Grazing Board
everyone can mix-and-match their perfect breakfast.
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Cooked sausage links
- Mini frozen waffles toasted
- Mini frozen pancakes toasted
- Mini Muffins
- Yogurt – Greek or regular
- Fresh fruit – strawberries blueberries, oranges, grapefruit, etc.
- Assemble board with desired ingredients.