Mashed potatoes get a healthy makeover by mixing in fresh cauliflower.
Are you looking for a delicious and satisfying meal that doesn’t compromise on flavor or healthiness? I’ve got you covered! In this blog post, we’re excited to share a mouthwatering recipe for Steak & Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes. This is one of my favorite dishes because it takes traditional mashed potatoes to a whole new level by incorporating fresh cauliflower. It’s a fantastic way to add an extra dose of nutrients while keeping the creamy, comforting texture we all love.
Whether you’re planning a special dinner for guests or simply want to treat yourself to a delightful meal, this recipe is a winner. The steak is perfectly seasoned with garlic and rosemary, and then grilled to perfection. Meanwhile, the cauliflower mashed potatoes add a lighter twist to the classic side dish. The combination of flavors and textures will leave you craving more.
Not only is this dish incredibly delicious, but it’s also easy to prepare. With just 25 minutes of total cooking time, you’ll have a wholesome and satisfying meal on the table in no time. It’s a great option for busy weeknights when you’re craving something substantial yet nutritious.
If you love steak, you’ve also got to try our steak and roasted potato salad!
How to Choose the Perfect Chuck Eye Steaks for Our Steak & Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes Recipe
When it comes to cooking a delicious steak, choosing the right cut of meat is essential. One cut that often gets overlooked but deserves more attention is the chuck eye steak. Known for its tenderness and rich flavor, the chuck eye steak is a hidden gem that can elevate your steak experience to new heights. But how do you choose the perfect chuck eye steaks? Here are some tips to help you make the best selection:
- Look for marbling: Marbling refers to the small streaks of fat running through the meat. It plays a crucial role in determining the tenderness and juiciness of the steak. When choosing chuck eye steaks, look for good marbling throughout the meat. The fat will melt during cooking, infusing the steak with flavor and ensuring a moist and tender result.
- Opt for thickness: The thickness of the steak is another important factor to consider. Thicker chuck eye steaks are generally easier to cook to the desired level of doneness without overcooking the meat. Aim for steaks that are at least 1 inch thick, as they will provide a more satisfying and evenly cooked steak experience.
- Check the color: The color of the meat can provide valuable information about its freshness. Look for chuck eye steaks with a bright red color. Avoid steaks that have a grayish or brownish hue, as this may indicate that the meat is past its prime.
- Consider the source: The quality of the meat can vary depending on its source. If possible, choose chuck eye steaks from a reputable butcher or a trusted supplier. They are more likely to offer high-quality, well-aged meat that will result in a superior steak.
- Don’t forget about the bone: Some chuck eye steaks come with a bone-in option. While this is a matter of personal preference, many steak enthusiasts believe that cooking meat with the bone intact adds extra flavor and juiciness to the steak. If you enjoy the experience of gnawing on a delicious bone-in steak, consider opting for chuck eye steaks with the bone.
By following these tips, you’ll be well-equipped to select the perfect chuck eye steaks for your next culinary adventure. Remember, choosing high-quality meat is the first step towards creating a memorable and mouth watering steak experience. So, take your time, inspect the meat closely, and get ready to savor the delectable flavors of a perfectly cooked chuck eye steak.
Why Cauliflower is the Perfect Add In for Mashed Potatoes
Mixing cauliflower into your mashed potatoes is a game-changer that not only adds a healthy twist but also enhances the overall flavor and texture of the dish. While you might be worried that the addition of cauliflower will make the mashed potatoes taste too much like vegetables, I can assure you that this is not the case.
In fact, the cauliflower blends seamlessly with the potatoes, creating a velvety and creamy texture while imparting a subtle, earthy note that complements the natural richness of the potatoes. By incorporating cauliflower, you not only elevate the nutritional profile of the dish, but you also reduce the calorie and carbohydrate content compared to using potatoes alone. It’s a fantastic way to increase your vegetable intake without sacrificing the comforting and indulgent experience of enjoying mashed potatoes.
Let’s make this Steak & Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes dish!
Steak & Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 4 5 oz. chuck eye steaks
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- 2 large russet potatoes quartered
- 1 head cauliflower broken into florets
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Cook steaks on preheated medium grill 4-5 minutes per side, or until desired temperature is achieved. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Mash potatoes and cauliflower in large bowl. Add half-and-half, paprika, and season with salt and pepper, as desired.