This easy Easy Jack o’ Lantern Veggie Tray is ready in just minutes and is a healthy, yet delicious Halloween snack idea.
It doesn’t get much easier than this guys. Planning a Halloween party and serving Halloween-themed snacks doesn’t have to be hard! This simple Jack o’ Lantern Veggie Tray is so easy to assemble and filled with healthy vegetables in hopes to limit the amount of candy consumption for the evening ;).
In fact, this Halloween Vegetable Tray is so easy to make, the kids can do it! It’s ready in less than 5 minutes and all you have to do is arrange the veggies on a platter! We like to use baby carrots, as they don’t require any prep at all. If you have a little one helping you in the kitchen, you will want to slice the cucumbers and celery. Safety first!
To make a Jack o’ Lantern Veggie Tray you will need green and orange veggies! We used:
- Baby carrots for the “pumpkin”.
- Cucumber slices to shape the mouth and nose.
- Celery for the pumpkin stem.
- Ranch “eyes” for dipping.
Simple substitutions or additions when making a Halloween Veggie Tray
- Olives for eyes or the nose. Either black or green!
- Mini sweet pepper for the nose, mouth or pumpkin stem.
- Your favorite veggie dip. Not ranch fans? Use your favorite! Hummus would also be yummy and look kinda spooky for eyes.
- Orange bell peppers for the “pumpkin”. Or a combination of carrots and orange bell peppers.
Be sure to check out some of our other favorite Halloween snacks to add to your Halloween party
And if you are feeling a little creative this Halloween, check out these carving ideas!
Jack o’ Lantern Veggie Tray
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 1 stalk celery cut into small strips
- 1/2 cucumber sliced
- 1/4 cup lowfat Ranch dip
- Place carrots on round plate. Add celery to the top for the stem. Create two holes to place small containers of Ranch dip. Layer cucumber slices on top for nose and mouth.