Pizza for breakfast! Kids will cheer for this simple, healthy and delicious spin on an all-time food favorite among youngsters. Plus, cauliflower, tomatoes, peppers and onions are all excellent sources of vitamin C.
Nutrition Tip: Because cauliflower contains both a high water and fiber content, this veggie is helpful for preventing constipation and even for lowering high cholesterol levels.
- 16 oz. riced cauliflower
- 5 large eggs
- ¼ cup (plus ½ cup) shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 3 premade turkey sausage links, sliced
- 2 tomatos thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 fruit cup
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place cauliflower in bowl and microwave on HIGH 8 minutes or until soft. Let cool slightly and thoroughly squeeze out water using clean dishtowel. Add 1 egg, ¼ cup cheese, garlic powder and oregano. Mix well.
- Line 13x9 baking sheet with parchment paper. Form cauliflower into thin, even crust and bake 15-20 minutes, or until crust is slightly browned and firm.
- Heat butter in skillet over medium-high heat; add onions, peppers, mushrooms, and sausage and cook 3-5 minutes stirring occasionally, until tender and browned.
- Beat 4 eggs in bowl and add to skillet, stir and cook 2-3 minutes, or until firm.
- Top crust with veggie/egg mixture, tomatoes and remaining cheese. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and brown. Top with avocado.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315Total Fat: 15gCholesterol: 217mgSodium: 406mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 7gProtein: 22g