If you are looking for an apple dessert recipe that is sure to impress your friends and family, this Apple Galette is it. While this post is sponsored by JAZZ Apples, our love for healthy desserts and apples is our own.
Fall is here and that means cooler weather (yes, we even cool down a little here in Florida) and all things apple and baking! There is just something comforting about the smell of cinnamon and apples that makes me want to pull on a sweater and curl up on the couch with the kiddos and watch a movie.
So, in celebration of fall officially being here, I grabbed the kids, some JAZZ apples and we headed to the kitchen and made an Apple Galette.
What is an Apple Galette?
Well, my explanation is simple: a thin apple pie with that really allows you to show-off those beautiful apples. A galette requires no pie pan, no fancy equipment and allows you to freeform the crust as well as the apples.
Apple Galette Key Ingredients
- Brown Sugar
- Pie Crust
- Lemon juice
Can you freeze leftovers?
Sure can! If you have leftover Apple Galette that you don’t finish up in a few days, wrap it in freezer wrap or foil and put it in a freezer bag. You can leave it in the freezer for up to 3 months. To enjoy it, simply allow it to thaw in the refrigerator overnight and warm it in the oven.
Can you use homemade pie crust?
You can definitely use homemade pie crust when making apple galette, but I will admit that it’s a lot easier to use a store bought one. And since most refrigerated pie crusts come with two in the box, you could always make two of these deliciously healthy apple desserts.
Why we love this Easy Apple Galette recipe
- It’s easy to make.
- You only need a few ingredients.
- It’s absolutely delicious.
- Apple Galette is beautiful.
I mean, do you need any more reasons to love this apple dessert than that?!
What you serve with Apple Galette
- Ice cream is always an excellent option on top of cinnamon and brown sugar baked apples. We love this PB Apple Pie Ice Cream.
- Whipped topping.
- Nothing at all! It’s just as delicious by itself!
Alright, let’s get baking shall we? Here’s how to make the best apple tart.
Easy Apple Galette
- 1 11-inch pie crust, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 JAZZ apples cored and thinly sliced
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. *If you don’t have parchment paper just make sure you spray your baking sheet
- In a medium bowl, combine sliced apples, brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- Gently stir to coat apples.
- Arrange apple slices on top of dough, try making a circle pattern. Leave a 1 in – 1.5 in border around the edge.
- Fold the edges towards the center. Repeat until all edges are folded towards the apple slices.
- Whisk egg white in a small bowl; brush over the crust edges.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes so the edges are golden brown and the apples are soft.
- Serve with whipped topping or this PB Apple Pie Ice Cream.