All parents can breathe a sigh of relief when their kids reach the age where they can make their own breakfast. With this easy Epic Morning Oatmeal, kids can use a few pantry staples to throw together a nutritious breakfast in just a few minutes.
Why is oatmeal good for breakfast?
Oatmeal is full of fiber to help fill you up and keep you fuller longer. Fiber also aids in digestion, helping to keep you on a healthy track all day.
One cup of cooked oatmeal contains:
- About 150 calories
- 6 grams of protein
- 4 grams of fiber
- Minerals such as thiamin, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, manganese, selenium and iron
My daughter, Izzy, is in the kitchen today to show you how easy it is for kids to make their own EPIC morning oatmeal for breakfast. Let’s see what she’s cooking up!
Izzy’s Epic Morning Oatmeal
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. raisins
- 1 Tbsp. dairy-free whipped cream
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cashews
- 1 Tbsp. dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- Add oatmeal and water to microwave safe bowl. Stir and microwave on HIGH 2 minutes. Let cool before removing from microwave.
- Stir in almond milk (to desired creaminess). Top with strawberries, bananas, raisins, whipped cream, cashews, chocolate chips and syrup.