In this episode of Healthy Family Project, we talk to Julie Revelant, national health writer and owner of Revelant Writing, LLC. Julie covers everything families need to know about added sugars including hidden sugars in common foods, how to cut back on added sugar intake and tips for reading the nutrition label.
Julie Revelant is the owner of Revelant Writing, LLC, a firm that provides content marketing, copywriting and brand journalism services for the healthcare industry.
She is also a national health journalist and has written hundreds of stories for FoxNews.com, EverydayHealth.com, WhatToExpect.com, TheBump.com, RD.com, FIRST for Women and Woman’s World magazines.
For nearly 6 years, Julie wrote Healthy Mama for Fox News, where she covered pregnancy, postpartum, maternal and children’s health, and nutrition.
Julie is the founder of JulieRevelant.com, where she teaches parents how to raise healthy kids who not only accept—but crave healthy foods and host of a new podcast, Food Issues, which is set to launch in early 2021. Julie is a mom of 2 and lives in Bethel, CT.
Healthy Recipes & Tips in Your Inbox
Sign up for the Healthy Family Project e-newsletter to receive healthy recipe inspiration, our latest blog posts and more directly to your inbox each week.
Healthy Family Project Facebook Group
Join our Healthy Family Project Facebook group! This group will serve as a safe space for parents and caregivers to talk all about raising a healthy family – from dealing with a picky eater and tips to get more fruits and veggies onto plates to exercising as a family and mental health. We welcome all of you to join in!
Want to skip straight to a hot topic? See time stamps below. But of course, we recommend listening all the way through!
- 4:40 Meet Julie
- 6:25 Difference between natural and added sugars
- 9:07 Should we watch our natural sugar intake?
- 10:34 Common foods with sneaky hidden sugars
- 14:30 Why we should avoid added sugars
- 15:48 Recommended amount of added sugars for kids
- 18:15 Tips for reading the nutrition label
- 20:45 How to take the first step to reduce sugar intake
- Check out Julie’s website
- Follow Julie on Instagram and Facebook
- What are added sugars?
- Sugars hidden in plain sight
- EWG Study – Children’s Cereal
- Added sugar recommendations
- New Nutrition Level
- 7 Changes to the Food Label
- What You Need to Know About Added Sugar
Other Podcast Episodes to Check Out:
- Episode 47: New Nutrition Label
- Episode 60: Teaching Kids to Prepare Healthy Snacks
- Episode 52: Fresh Produce 101: How to Pick, Clean & Store
Healthy Family Project Podcast
Conversations covering hot topics in the world of health, food and family with a dose of fun. Helping families ease their way into a new fresh and healthy world.
Be on the lookout for new bi-weekly episodes and don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or your favorite podcasting site. If you like an episode, make sure to leave a rating and comment.
If you are interested in being a guest on the Healthy Family Project podcast, contact [email protected] with your topic idea for consideration.