Potato skins and game day go hand-in-hand, but don’t get sacked with overly greasy foods on your field. These baked potato skins are still crispy, cheesy and delicious, but just a little bit healthier. No flags on this play!
Nutrition Tip: Potatoes have more potassium than bananas, and contrary to what you might’ve heard, there’s fiber in the skin AND the flesh. They’ve even got some protein and iron (and just 110 calories for a whole medium potato).
- 6 small-to-medium russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Prick potatoes several times with a fork. Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes per potato, set aside to cool. Alternatively, prick potatoes with fork and place on baking sheet. Bake 45-60 minutes in 400F oven or until tender. Let cool.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out inside of potato (this can be mixed with toppings or saved for another dish, like mashed potatoes). Brush skins with olive oil or spray with cooking spray and place back on baking sheet. Add cheese and bake additional 5-7 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and top with Greek yogurt, bacon and green onions.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Cholesterol: 14mgSodium: 143mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g