(Last Updated On: May 25, 2021)

Food is everywhere! Online, on TV, on billboards, in magazines, on every street corner. In fact, food is so much a part of our lives that it can be hard to get a break. And for many people a break from thinking about, worrying about, stressing about food is just what they need. Here are a few tips for taking the stress out of food:

  • Make eating enjoyable. In our fast-paced, multi-tasking world it can be difficult to focus on our meals, and our meals alone. At least once a day (preferably more!) make a point of slowing down, and taking a few minutes to enjoy the food you’re eating. Notice the flavor, the texture and the smell. Eating food is a bigger experience than simply ingesting calories.
  • Limit your consumption of food-related materials. I’m pretty sure I could spend a good 12 hours at my desk doing nothing but scanning food blogs, checking out food-inspired Pinterest pins, and reading articles on all the best foods to eat and avoid. Food is fun, but there is a limit. If you find yourself stressing about food, try limiting the amount of exposure you have to food-related materials (pictures, recipes, articles, etc).
  • Take some time off. We all know the importance of healthy eating, but everyone needs a break sometimes! For some folks that means focusing on a healthy diet 90% of the time, leaving 10% to let loose! For others that means enjoying Junk Food Friday Nights, or Wacky Food Wednesday. Whatever your eating plan, be sure to leave at least some wiggle room for unplanned, spontaneous and stress-free meals!