The Ultimate Taco Board
Whether creating a Homegating spread to cheer on your favorite team, celebrating Cinco de Mayo or just looking for a way to spice up Taco Tuesday, this ultimate taco board will amaze family and friends!
Note: This post is sponsored by ¡Yo Quiero!™️ Brands. All opinions are our own.
Is there a more perfect food than tacos? You could go with traditional Mexican flavors (or more American Tex-Mex versions), Korean fusion, vegetarian or vegan, Greek… The possibilities are truly endless.
In our house, tacos are a weekly staple. They’re quick, easy and everyone in the family loves them. And since I’m all about the snack boards, we’re turning taco night into one!
We’re so excited to partner with our friend at ¡Yo Quiero!™️ to showcase their guacamole, salsa and queso – because you can’t have taco night without at least one of these, right?
¡Yo Quiero!™️’s dips are all gluten-free, made without preservatives and so so so delicious! They even hand-scoop Hass avocados for their guacamole – just like if you were making it at home.
So, let’s taco bout what you need for this taco board:
- Bases: Tacos need a good vehicle to get all those toppings to your mouth. Tortillas, hard taco shells, lettuce wraps, baked taco bowls or even tortilla chips are all good options.
- Protein: Go more traditional with chicken, ground beef or turkey, carnitas, carne asada, black beans or refried beans. Or, switch it up with fish, shrimp, tofu or lentils.
- Veggies (and fruit!): Let’s load these up! Everything from traditional toppings like tomato, lettuce and onions to new ones like sliced radishes or pineapple are a hit.
- Toppings: Bring on all the extra toppings! Guacamole, salsa, queso are all musts, along with cheese, jalapenos, fresh cilantro and more.
Tips for Creating Your Board:
- Use a large cutting board or baking sheet so you have lots of space.
- For small items or ones that need the help of a spoon, like refried beans, sour cream or shredded cheese, use small bowls to keep any mess contained.
- Start by placing larger items on the board, like your bowls or tortillas. Then build in all the extra space with all. the. toppings!
- For extra flair, sprinkle fresh cilantro or other herbs/seasonings throughout the board.
Once your board is assemble, you’re ready to dig in! Mix-and-match your favorite toppings and gather around the table to spend time together with friends and family.
Share your favorite taco toppings with us in the comments below! Don’t forget to use #HealthyFamilyProject to share your taco board creations on Instagram.
The Ultimate Taco Board
- 1 8 oz. container ¡Yo Quiero!™️ guacamole
- 1 12 oz. container ¡Yo Quiero!™️ salsa
- 1 12 oz. container ¡Yo Quiero!™️ queso
- 6-8 each small soft tortillas hard taco shells and/or Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 cup each taco-seasoned ground turkey black beans and/or refried beans
- Choice of Toppings: lettuce tomatoes, shredded cheese, corn, onion, peppers, jalapenos, sour cream, cilantro, etc.
- Cook and prepare your choice of proteins. Place in small bowls to add to board.
- Warm tortillas or hard taco shells before place on board.
- Assemble board with desired ingredients.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro as desired.