A more classic version of the comfort food favorite, this French toast recipe sweetens each bite naturally with fruit, yogurt and granola in lieu of syrup.
Fuel Up French Toast
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup granola
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Whisk eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla in small bowl until blended.
- Dip bread into egg mixture, turning to soak both sides. Place in skillet and cook 4-5 minutes, or until browned, turning once.
- Top each slice with strawberries, blueberries, yogurt and granola.