In this episode of Healthy Family Project, we talk to Kiran Dodeja Smith of Easy Real Food about the importance of grocery shopping with your kids. If the thought of taking your kids to the grocery store with you makes you want to tear your hair out, this episode is especially important for you.
Kiran talks about the different ways kids can learn at the grocery store, how they can help parents prepare for shopping trips, how to keep kids “on task” during the trip and advice for parents ready to take this step.
Kiran is the mom to four kids under the age of 13, an influencer marketing manager and holistic health coach. Her site, EasyRealFood.com focuses in on real ingredients and helps families ensure they are eating whole nutritious meals.
With a busy household herself, she wants to help others not feel the stress that so many often do when it comes to meal planning and eating healthfully.
Thank you so much for supporting the Healthy Family Project Podcast! We’d love if you could take 5 minutes to let us know how we can bring you the best possible content future episodes. Take the survey here.
Healthy Recipes & Tips in Your Inbox
Sign up for the Healthy Family Project e-newsletter to receive healthy recipe inspiration, our latest blog posts and more directly to your inbox each week.
Healthy Family Project Facebook Group
Join our Healthy Family Project Facebook group! This group will serve as a safe space for parents and caregivers to talk all about raising a healthy family – from dealing with a picky eater and tips to get more fruits and veggies onto plates to exercising as a family and mental health. We welcome all of you to join in!
Want to skip straight to a hot topic? See time stamps below. But of course, we recommend listening all the way through!
- 2:39 Thanksgiving treats for the kids
- 6:53 Thanksgiving recipe ideas
- 12:11 Holiday snacks to make with the kids
- 15:35 How to balance sugar overload with healthier options
- 17:13 How to lighten up traditional holiday dishes
- Easy Real Food Recipes
- Kid-Friendly Meatballs
- How to Feed Your Family Healthy Foods
- How to Get Your Kids to Eat Real Food
- Tips to Pick, Prep and Store Fruits & Veggies
- 5 Tips for Grocery Shopping on a Budget
- 6 Tips for Saving Money in the Produce Department
For the Holiday Season:
- Download a free copy of our Festive Flavors e-cookbook for lightened-up versions of your favorite holiday dishes!
- All Things Thanksgiving on the Produce for Kids blog: from how to host your first Thanksgiving to ideas to lightened up your menu
- All Things Christmas/Holidays on the Produce for Kids blog: from stocking stuffer ideas to festive snack ideas
Other Podcast Episodes:
- Episode 10: Shopping Tips from a Grocery Store Dietitian
- Episode 11: Meal Planning Made Easy with Prepear App
Healthy Family Project Podcast
Conversations covering hot topics in the world of health, food and family with a dose of fun. Helping families ease their way into a new fresh and healthy world.
Be on the lookout for new bi-weekly episodes and don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or your favorite podcasting site. If you like an episode, make sure to leave a rating and comment.
If you are interested in being a guest on the Healthy Family Project podcast, contact email@example.com with your topic idea for consideration.