Sneak some extra veggies into these easy Broccoli Cheddar Cornbread Muffins! With just a hint of sweetness and a little bit of cheesiness, these cornbread muffins will soon be a new kid-favorite in your household. Freeze extra to have on hand for a quick lunchbox addition or dinner pairing.
Nutrition Tip: Calcium, magnesium, zinc, and phosphorus are minerals that play an important role in maintaining healthy bones. Broccoli contains all four of these nutrients!
Broccoli Cheddar Cornbread Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter butter
- 1 cup finely chopped steamed broccoli
- 3/4 cups shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside
- Mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt together in large bowl. Whisk in eggs, milk and melted butter. Fold in broccoli and cheese.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling ¾ full. Bake 13-15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool 1 minute, then remove from pan to cool completely.