In this episode of the Healthy Family Project, we talk to Theresa Desuyo, mom of three and Digital Family Expert at Qustodio, the leader in digital safety and wellbeing for kids and families.
Nowadays, there’s no avoiding technology. Kids are using laptops and tablets at school and opt to spend a lot of their free time surfing the web. Theresa shares ways that parents can help their kids navigate the Internet, keep them safe from harmful content, manage screen time, and how Qustodio can help.
Qustodio enables millions of families to filter out dangerous online content and activities, limit screen time and avoid screen addiction and privately share location.
The app-based platform increases online safety and creates daily opportunities to talk with kids about their online experiences, aiding in the digital parenting process that is constantly changing and becoming more complicated.
Thank you so much for supporting the Healthy Family Project Podcast! We’d love if you could take 5 minutes to let us know how we can bring you the best possible content future episodes. Take the survey here.
Healthy Recipes & Tips in Your Inbox
Sign up for the Healthy Family Project e-newsletter to receive healthy recipe inspiration, our latest blog posts and more directly to your inbox each week.
Healthy Family Project Facebook Group
Join our Healthy Family Project Facebook group! This group will serve as a safe space for parents and caregivers to talk all about raising a healthy family – from dealing with a picky eater and tips to get more fruits and veggies onto plates to exercising as a family and mental health. We welcome all of you to join in!
Want to skip straight to a hot topic? See time stamps below. But of course, we recommend listening all the way through!
- 2:47 What is Qustodio? & how did Theresa get involved?
- 6:46 How do parents navigate the battle of online content?
- 10:40 Ways to protect kids from harmful content
- 14:28 How to manage screen time
- 20:31 How does Qustodio work?
- 24:30 What does a healthy family mean to you?
- How does Qustodio work?
- Create your free Qustodio account
- Use code: SPEAKUP15 for 15% discount on premium plans through March 15
- Follow Qustodio on Instagram and Facebook
- Ask the Psychologist: Screen Time & Kids
Other Podcast Episodes to Check Out:
- Episode 42: Teaching Kids Financial Responsibility
- Episode 35: Helping Kids Make Good Choices
- Episode 31: Balancing Career & Family
- Episod 3: Managing Screen Time
Healthy Family Project Podcast
Conversations covering hot topics in the world of health, food and family with a dose of fun. Helping families ease their way into a new fresh and healthy world.
Be on the lookout for new bi-weekly episodes and don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or your favorite podcasting site. If you like an episode, make sure to leave a rating and comment.
If you are interested in being a guest on the Healthy Family Project podcast, contact email@example.com with your topic idea for consideration.