These protein-packed “muffins” are great for brunches or leisurely weekends. Cook the veggies ahead of time in step #2 for quicker assembly the day of. Or, make a batch to heat up for quick and easy breakfasts all week long!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 2 cups baby spinach, loosely packed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups grated red potatoes, cooked
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach and peppers, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender and water evaporates. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs in large mixing bowl. Mix in cooked vegetables, potatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Line large muffin tin with 8 baking cups. Portion ½ cup mixture into each cup and bake in oven 10-20 minutes, or until eggs puff and are firm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 12.36gCholesterol: 297mgSodium: 212mgCarbohydrates: 29.88gFiber: 4.24gProtein: 15.83g