Sustainability is a hot topic and the fresh produce industry is leading the charge! See how our partners are going green and adopting eco-friendly practices like water conservation, sustainable packaging and more to make the world a little better.
Click on a topic below to learn more!
How can you help save water at home? We asked Abbigale Keefer, mom of two and resource conservationist, for a few tips:
– Fix leaks as soon as possible.
– Don’t leave water running while brushing your teeth or washing your hands.
– Install a rain barrel for outdoor watering.
– Only run the washing machine and dishwasher when you have a full load.
Did You Know? You use about 5 gallons of water if you leave the water running while brushing your teeth. Find other easy ways to conserve water at home on our Instagram page.
Recycling is a great way to reduce waste at home, but did you know some of your favorite brands are already working to reduce the amount of plastic in packaging?
– More than 5 trillion pieces of plastic are already floating in our oceans.
– By 2050, virtually every seabird species on the planet will be eating plastic.
– Around the world, nearly a million plastic beverage bottles are sold every minute.
– Estimates for how long plastic endures range from 450 years to forever.
From renewable energy to solar power, companies across the country are looking for new ways to become more energy efficient in how they do business.
How You Can Help:
– Turn off lights and electronics when you’re not using them.
– Use LED lightbulbs.
– Turn off the oven and cook using smaller appliances like slow cookers, air fryers or an Instant Pot.
Without our farmlands, we wouldn’t have food to eat. Farmers work tirelessly to feed the nation all while taking care of the land they’ve been entrusted with.
Some Ways Farms Protect Farmlands:
– No-till farming practice
– Planting cover crops
– Collecting water runoff
– Pasture rotations