Mediterranean Lentil Salad
Light, flavorful and packed with good-for-you ingredients like lentils, cucumber, onions, tomatoes and bell peppers, this Mediterranean Lentil Salad is the perfect summer dish. Great for a light lunch or as a side dish paired with your favorite grilled protein.
- 1 cup brown lentils cooked according to package directions
- 1 English cucumber diced
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes quartered
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- ⅓ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
Combine lentils, cucumber, onion, tomatoes, pepper, parsley, and feta cheese in large bowl.
Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and honey in separate bowl or small mason jar.
Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Chop veggies into dime-sized pieces or smaller so you can enjoy all the flavors in every bite.
- This salad is best when prepped 30 minutes or more ahead of time so that the flavors can marinate.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
Serving: 1gCalories: 206kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 9gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 204mgFiber: 6gSugar: 6g