Hearty Vegetable Tortellini Soup
You'll love how quick and easy this Hearty Vegetable Tortellini Soup is to make! It's a satisfying vegetarian meal filled with cheese tortellini, diced tomatoes, green beans, spinach and chickpeas.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chopped green beans
- 1 15 oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- Freshly chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 10 minutes, or until onion is softened. Stir in tomato paste. Add broth, water, green beans, tomatoes, chickpeas, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in spinach and tortellini. Cook 8-10 minutes, or until tortellini is done.
Divide soup among bowls and sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
Calories: 228kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 10gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 582mgPotassium: 262mgFiber: 5gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1744IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 117mgIron: 2mg