One-Pot Cheeseburger Mac
Busy families often rely on the convenience of boxed hamburger meals, but you can get the same delicious meal in a much healthier way with this one-pot cheeseburger mac!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small RealSweet® sweet onion finely chopped
- 1 cup mini sweet peppers chopped
- 1½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 /2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1½ cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1½ cup whole grain dry macaroni
- 1 cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add turkey, onion and peppers. Cook 7-10 minutes, or until turkey is cooked through.
Mix paprika, sugar, salt and chili powder in small bowl. Add to turkey and stir. Add water, milk, tomato paste and pasta. Mix well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, or until pasta is cooked and liquid is absorbed.
Remove from heat and top with cheese.
Calories: 309kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 24gFat: 13gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 584mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6g