Avocado Mac n Cheese
No need for butter to make this mac n cheese creamy and delicious! Swap in some good fats by adding avocado.
- 1 pound whole-wheat elbow macaroni cooked according to package directions
- 1 1/2 cups 1% milk
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 avocados halved, pitted
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon plus ½ tablespoon lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives (optional)
Combine milk, garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH in 1 minute intervals until hot.
Place 1½ of avocados and 1 Tbsp. lemon juice into blender and pulse. Add cheese and hot milk, and blend until smooth. Chop remaining ½ avocado and toss with the remaining ½ Tbsp. lemon juice.
Mix avocado sauce with pasta. Serve topped with chopped avocado and chives, if using.
Calories: 515kcalCarbohydrates: 65gProtein: 24gFat: 19gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 469mgFiber: 9gSugar: 3g