Black Bean, Mango & Jicama Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
Packed with plant-based protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, this flavorful, summery salad is one you’ll want to make all year-round.
- 2 ripe mangos peeled, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- ½ large jicama peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 15 oz. can low-sodium black beans, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/3 cup crumbled cojita cheese
Combine mangos, onion, corn, jicama, black beans and cilantro in large bowl.
Whisk together lime juice, olive oil, honey and cumin in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour over salad and toss.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with cheese before serving.
Calories: 330kcalCarbohydrates: 53gProtein: 8gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2.5gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 310mgFiber: 13gSugar: 26g