Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
Avocados and Greek yogurt replace mayonnaise traditionally used in egg salad for good fats and a little extra protein.
- 1/2 avocado mashed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 hard-cooked eggs peeled, diced
- 2 slices Beefsteak tomato
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 green onion tops chopped
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
Combine avocado, lemon juice, salt, eggs, yogurt, onions, mustard, onion and garlic powder in bowl; mix well. Pepper to taste.
Spread half of egg mixture onto 1 slice of bread. Top with lettuce and tomato. Top with second slice of bread and repeat.
Calories: 338kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 19gFat: 13.5gSodium: 454mgFiber: 7g