Italian Orzo Pasta Salad
- 3/4 cup orzo
- 3/4 cup chopped broccoli florets chopped
- 3/4 cup halved yellow and red cherry tomatoes halved
- 2/3 cup low-sodium garbanzo beans drained, rinsed
- 2 sprigs basil chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil and vinegar dressing
Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and do not rinse. Pour into large mixing bowl.
Prepare ice bath by placing a few cubes of ice with water in medium bowl.
Place broccoli in covered microwaveable dish with 1 Tbsp. water. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds. Drain and transfer to ice bath for 30 seconds. Drain and add to orzo.
Add tomatoes, garbanzo beans, basil, cheese, and dressing to orzo and broccoli. Toss and season with pepper as desired. Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.
Calories: 342kcalCarbohydrates: 24.33gProtein: 18.82gFat: 19.73gSodium: 184mgFiber: 5.71gSugar: 9.39g