Hearty Pot Roast
Heavy up on the veggies for an extra boost of nutrition in this healthier version of a beef pot roast.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast
- 4 medium Russet potatoes quartered
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped RealSweet® sweet onion
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or to taste
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add chuck roast, season with salt and pepper as desired, and cook 3-5 minutes on each side, or until meat is browned.
Place chuck roast, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, onions, garlic, tomatoes, broth and Italian seasoning in slow cooker and cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours.
Season with lemon juice, to taste.
Calories: 477kcalCarbohydrates: 22.22gProtein: 26.25gFat: 28.97gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 524mgFiber: 4.86g