Hearty Garden Breakfast
This recipe uses rice as a unique whole grain carbohydrate to help round out the meal built around fresh veggies and fruit.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 large eggs scrambled in a bowl
- 1/4 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in small skillet over medium-high heat; add broccoli, cauliflower and mushrooms and cook 2 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium, add rice, cover and cook 1 minute. Add eggs and cook 2-3 minutes, or until firm. Stir in tomatoes and cheese.
Calories: 422kcalCarbohydrates: 61gProtein: 18gFat: 14gCholesterol: 195mgSodium: 397mgFiber: 7.8g