Using all the delicious flavors of fall, this breakfast is packed with the nutrition you need to get you to lunch. The protein in the yogurt, whole grain waffle and sweet apple will keep you full and satisfied way past noon. Make sure to use sweeter apples like Fuji, Gala or Honeycrisp so you do not need to add sugar! Don’t have pumpkin pie spice in the pantry? No problem – substitute cinnamon instead.
Whole Grain Waffles with Spiced Apples
- 1 Honeycrisp apple diced
- 1/2 small lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 whole grain frozen waffle toasted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla Greek yogurt
- Mix apple, lemon juice and pumpkin pie spice in small bowl.
- Top toasted waffle with apple mixture and yogurt.