This vegetable frittata recipe is perfect for leisurely weekend mornings or those the family wants to make extra special. Birthday frittata and parfait, anyone?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cup chopped broccoli & cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (plus ¼ cup) lowfat shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 ounces fruit-flavored Greek yogurt
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; add onion and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat.
- Combine egg whites, eggs, milk, garlic salt and pepper in large mixing bowl. Stir in broccoli/cauliflower, breadcrumbs, ½ cup cheese and cooked onion/garlic mixture.
- Pour mixture into 9x5-inch baking dish. Top with ¼ cup cheese.
- Bake 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool 5-10 minutes.
- Spoon ½ of yogurt into small bowl and top with ½ of fruit.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 500Total Fat: 10gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 520mgCarbohydrates: 95gFiber: 4gProtein: 20g