Throwing together a Panzanella salad is the perfect way to use up leftover bread. This summer staple salad uses kale, but you swap out for any greens you have on hand, like romaine hearts or baby spinach. The roasted cherries bring so much flavor, you’ll wonder why you haven’t been eating this salad every day!
- 1 cup pitted, halved cherries
- 3 tablespoons (plus 1 tsp.) extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons (plus ½ Tbsp.) balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 5-6 cups thinly shredded kale
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat crumbled feta
- 1/2 loaf French bread, (slightly stale is best)
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Toss cherries with 1 tsp. oil, ½ Tbsp. balsamic, ¼ cup parsley, ¼ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper. Lay single layer on baking sheet and bake 10-15 minutes, or until just bubbling. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Whisk together 3 Tbsp. olive oil, 2 Tbsp. balsamic, ¼ cup parsley, chives, ¼ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper in small bowl. Mix kale and shallots in large bowl, pour dressing over top and combine well. Add cherries, cheese and bread, toss lightly.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 13gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 341mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 7g