Add a healthy dose of whole grains to your child’s lunchbox with these easy homemade protein bars. Each one is packed with raisins and walnuts for a flavorful combo kids will love.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 8x8-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Combine four, wheat germ, sugar baking powder and cinnamon in medium bowl. Stir egg, butter, honey and vanilla; mix well. Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and press firmly into sides and bottom until even. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove and let cool.
- Slice into 10 bars and store in airtight container.