Turn bagged salad into an easy, veggie-filled side dish for the whole family! We found a bagged salad that already had radishes, carrots and pea pods in the bad, added cucumbers, tomatoes and cheese, then topped it off with a kid favorite dressing. So easy to throw together to serve alongside dinner!
Nutrition Tip: Romaine lettuce contains vitamin C and even a bit of calcium–plus a crunch that kids like. Toppings like cheese and ranch dressing can help your kids learn to love salad.
Easy Side Salad
- 1 12 oz. package salad blend
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons ranch dressing
- Top salad with cucumber, tomatoes, cheese and dressing. Mix well.